The security of your personal data is important to Urbioled.
We have created this Privacy Statement (also referred to as the “Declaration”) in an approachable, explicit way for you to understand who we are, what personal data we process in relation to you and the reason why we collect and what we use them for. It is important to know that personal data (in this Statement also called “data” or “your data”) is all or part of the information by which we can personally identify you, for example your first and last name, email address, phone number, etc.
This Statement may be modified in whole or in part to meet various local requirements, but also to provide you with adjacent information on how we process your data through Urbioled products or services. In the case of products or services that include web-based or application-based features that may involve a particular way of processing your information, this Statement may be followed by our product-specific statements that will provide adjacent information on how we process your data related to a particular product or service.
WHEN DO WE ENFORCE THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
The statement outlines how we collect and use your data, for example:
- When you browse our customer-assigned websites, apps or social media;
- When you purchase and use our products, services, systems or applications;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or marketing notifications;
- When you offer us your goods or services;
- When you call our customer service:
- When you attend our business events or contact us by various means in your capacity as a consumer, business customer, partner, supplier, contractor or other person in a business relationship with our company.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA DO WE COLLECT IN RELATION TO YOU?
Depending on the working relationship (customer, consumer, supplier, business partner, etc.) and the way you contact us (online, offline, over the phone, etc.) we will process data about you in various ways. We may collect your information when you access or use our websites, applications or media channels dedicated to consumers or customers, when you purchase or use our products, services, web programs, mobile applications, systems, when you subscribe to our newsletters, when you choose a software update, when you offer us your goods or services, when you contact our call center, when you take part in our business events, activities, contests and surveys or when you contact us in any other way. Information collected as a result of your interaction with and use of our services and websites cannot disclose your identity and cannot be directly associated with any specific individual.
Below are the categories of personal data we may collect:
Data you give us directly
Data categories: examples of data types
- Personal identifying information: surname, first name, title, date of birth
- Contact details. Email, phone number, address, country
- Account login information: Username, password or security codes
- Pictures, quotes, video messages by which you can be identified: Photos uploaded to Urbioled accounts or that you have provided to us during an interview
- Any type of data that you voluntarily provide and share with Urbioled or its partners: Surveys, reviews, comments, uploaded files, information provided as part of the due diligence process.
Automatically collected data
- When you browse our websites or apps, subscribe to our newsletters, or contact us through our digital channels, in addition to the information you give us directly, we may also collect data that comes from your computer, mobile phone or other access device.
Data categories: examples of data types
- Device data: hardware model, IMEI number and other unique detection data belonging to the device, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, configuration of the device you are using to access services and device customization
- Account login data: time, duration and usage of our products and services
- Location data: Your location is indicated by your address. IP, Bluetooth or other location sensors or technologies that may be collected when you activate products through our applications
- Luminaire Data: Unique luminaire detectors that collect luminaire information stored on the device.
- Various data on the use of digital media or our products: Apps you use or websites you visit, links you click from our promotional emails, data from motion sensors
Potential data we collect from various sources
If permitted by law, we may also obtain data about you from other locations, such as public databases, marketing partners, social media or third parties, not just our own websites, apps and other digital channels.
If you let us know that you prefer to receive personalised marketing data, we may collect data from various sources to better analyse your preferences and provide you with more relevant information. You also have the right to opt-out of these activities by objecting to this. So if you choose not to receive marketing data emails, please use the unsubscribe instructions you receive in each email. If you log into your Urbioled account, you have the option to review your communication preferences from that department on our website or app. You can contact us to opt out of receiving marketing information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information for various justified reasons and for certain business purposes.
Below is an overview of the types of information we may collect and process:
- Evaluate/choose customers, suppliers, business partners: Obligation to investigate
- Signing and processing contracts: selling, invoicing, delivery of products or services, accessing mobile apps or websites, conducting training, warranty, service notifications, account management
- Providing on-demand support: Support action through communication channels such as customer call center
- Direct marketing: Contacting customers for business purposes, email and/or electronic, marketing surveys, personalising your experience by promoting products and offers customized to your profile.
- Ensuring security and protecting our business: Enforcing and overseeing technical and structural security measures, conducting internal inspections and investigations, checking for conflicts of interest
- Complying with legal obligations: Disclosure of information to government agencies or supervisory administration, as appropriate, in the area where we operate, such as tax and national insurance deductions, accounting and reporting obligations, conducting compliance inspections, complying with government agency inspections and other requests by government agencies or other public administrations, responding to legal directives such as subpoenas, pursuing legal rights and remedies, and handling internal inconveniences or complaints.
- Protecting legal actions: Determining, fulfilling or defending legal actions to which Urbioled is part of.
- Product improvement: To optimise the services, products, online services, mobile applications and communications we deliver.
You have the option to participate in promotions, contests or other competitions through our websites. When you give your consent, we use your data to allow you to take part, to identify you, to detect fraud/fraud and to contact you. The processing of your data in the above context is mandatory for the fulfillment of the contract. For any other information, please read the terms and conditions of the respective Competition.
If we request your data and do not have your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products, services, systems or applications and we may not be able to fulfill your requests.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the data you share with us does not violate the rights of any third party.
THE PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We have the right to process your personal data on different legal grounds:
Your consent, if required or permitted by law. Where we use your consent as a legal basis for processing your information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time;
Obligation to comply with legal requirements and to specify, meet or defend against lawsuits;
The need to pursue our legal interests, including:
- Security coverage of our networks and data;
- Organising and planning business activities within the Company;
- Avoiding or investigating possible or actual violations of law, breaches of contracts with business customers or non-compliance with Company policies;
- Optimizing or investigating the practicality of marketing and the meaning of communications;
- The obligation to follow up on your requests;
- The need to ensure the essential interests of any person;
- Any other legal basis permitted by local laws in any given situation.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Urbioled does not sell your personal data or share your personal data with other parties, except in the limited cases described below.
If necessary for the execution of the plans presented in this Statement, we may share your data with the following entities:
- Urbioled affiliates: your information may be provided to certain Urbioled affiliates. Access to your data within Urbioled will be provided on the basis that it is limited to what is strictly necessary;
- Service providers: like other companies, we may subcontract various data processing activities to independent third party service providers vetted to meet certain criteria and provide certain services, such as: ICT (information and communication technology) service providers, consultancy service providers, transport service providers, payment service providers, electronic communication service platforms, Competitions service providers;
- Business partners: we may provide your data to verified business partners in order to provide you with the services you want, including chat service providers;
- Public and government institutions: when required by law or necessary to protect our rights, we may share your information with the institutions that establish the norms or have jurisdiction over Urbioled.
- Professional advisors and others: we may provide your information to other parties, including professional advisors, such as banks, insurance companies, audit firms, law firms, accounting firms, etc.
- Corporate transactions: We may at some point disclose your information in connection with corporate transactions, such as in the course of selling a business or part of a business to another company, or in connection with restructurings, divestitures, entering into a collaboration or other operation of our business, assets or stock, even in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- In the event of a request for portability of personal data from you.
- We may distribute anonymized information, reports and analyzes based on anonymized information. We may make anonymized information available to our service providers, distributors, advertisers, customers, consumers, market research companies and other organizations, as well as research and reports containing such information. This anonymized information may also be shared with other internet surfers to help them better understand how they use the lighting systems compared to others in the community, to increase safety awareness, to help us to develop our system as well as in other information campaigns. We constantly strive to take steps to ensure that this non-personal data cannot be associated with you, and we ask our suppliers to do the same.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Sometimes legislation may require or allow us to retain this information for a longer period of time. The principles we follow in determining the length of time we retain your data are:
- For what length of time is the information useful to provide you with our products or services or to conduct our business.
- If you have an account with us, we will keep your information for the period of time your account is active or for the length of time necessary to provide you with the services you want.
Are we legally or contractually obliged to keep your information?
This may be possible where there are laws on the mandatory retention of information in accordance with the applicable judicial authority, government rules on the retention of significant data for research or on information to be retained for judicial purposes or to protect against a possible complaint.
HOW CAN WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION?
For the protection of your information, we are committed to taking appropriate measures in accordance with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, including those requiring our service partners to take appropriate measures to protect the privacy and security of your information. While we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any data distribution or storage, we have taken technical and structural measures to avoid risks such as destruction, loss, alteration, distribution or criminal access to your information. If you have suspicions about your collaboration with us or that your information is no longer being processed properly, please contact Urbioled – firstname.lastname@example.org – as soon as possible.
WHAT ARE YOUR DUTIES?
We remind you that you have a duty to ensure that the information provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you provide information to third parties, you are obliged to do so in accordance with local legal provisions. It will therefore be necessary for you to inform the persons to whom the data you provide belongs of the content of this Declaration and to obtain their prior consent.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
It is important for us to ensure that you have access to your information. So you have the option to independently control your information by logging into your account and update, change or, if the law allows, delete it. Our recommendation is to manage your personal data. There may also be circumstances where we have the right to challenge or limit your rights – especially where such a tactic is mandatory to protect the rights and freedoms of others; in other situations we have the right to refuse to delete your personal data if processing that information is mandatory to comply with legal provisions and/or to defend ourselves against lawsuits.
You have the right to contact Urbioled at any time if you wish:
- to review, amend or delete information you have provided to us (if for other reasons Urbioled does not have the approval or obligation to retain such data);
- if you wish to withdraw your consent to various ways of processing your data (for example, to opt out of receiving marketing-related notifications);
- to request a copy of your information (in an automated readable form, where required by law);
- contact us regarding any other concerns about your data protection at Urbioled.
If you have any reasonable queries about your data protection in Urbioled or generally about this Statement, you can contact Urbioled.
As the way of communication by e-mail is not always the most secure, we ask that your requests do not contain sensitive information.
We strive to process your requests on time and free of charge, except in cases where it would require a very large effort. We may ask you for confirmation of identity before processing your requests.